I've come a long way, baby! New Leaf Wellness has been in business for a year now. I could have never imagined where the past 365 days would take me.
First and foremost, I see myself as a psychologist, wellness coach, and facilitator of local mom support groups, but I've been working my butt off to share content on this blog too.
Here's a look back at my five favorite blog posts from the past year.
1. Freezer meal 101 - I've been freezing meals for years now, but I really got into freezer meals before my second daughter Isla was born. Freezing quick, healthy, and simple meals continues to be an important part of how I make homemade dinners for my family six nights a week. In this blog post I teach you everything you need to know to do the same.
2. How to buy nursing bras online - This was a really fun "experiment" where I compared an online virtual bra fitting to shopping for nursing bras in a store. I've struggled to find the right nursing bras in the past, but not anymore! This is a must-read for nursing moms and moms-to-be.
3. Solve your problems with positive thinking - My true passion will always be helping moms improve their health and happiness, with an emphasis on the mental side of feeling balanced as a busy mom. (There's a reason why I finished my Master's and Ph.D. in social psychology. I simply love learning about how people think.) This blog post is focused on one of the techniques that I use with my private coaching clients to help them stay motivated and excited to work toward their goals. It also includes inside info about how I manage to be such a happy, optimistic mom.
4. How to stop time - Everyone tells moms to enjoy their children because, "they grow up too fast." Here's a look into how I work to enjoy my daughters in the here and now.
5. Find perfection in imperfection - I just love this mindset. Start interpreting your "imperfections" as strengths instead of weaknesses. This blog post will tell you how!
Thank you for all of your support over the past year. I'm looking foward to many more to come!
PS I'm putting the finishing touches on my new healthy slow cooker cookbook. I can't wait to share it with you!